jump to page content
Rules for Use
- Make Sure Your Load is Secure: Roadside litter is a traffic hazard, a nuisance, and detracts from the scenic beauty of our communities. Each of our communities has ordinances requiring that loads are secure. Local law enforcement departments enforce these municipal ordinances.
- All vehicles must display a valid TCL permit sticker, which must be affixed to the vehicle. Permits may be obtained at the TCL scalehouse.
- All vehicles must check-in at the scale house prior to unloading waste. Any specific disposal locations and/or procedures will be communicated at that time.
- The on-site speed limit is 15 mph. Please drive in a responsible manner.
- All children 12 & under must remain in the vehicle at all times.
- There is a ban on the disposal of certain materials in the landfill. These include: tires, clean wood (not painted or pressure-treated), metal, corrugated cardboard, and universal wastes. There are designated alternatives for disposal of these materials, and fees apply in some cases.
- Removal of material from the metal pile is prohibited. Violation of this policy represents theft from TCL and law enforcement may be contacted.
- CLEAN WOOD ONLY may be placed in the burn pile. Painted wood, pressure-treated wood, and/or any other materials are not acceptable.
All TCL fees are available on our Fee Schedule page